The Gamma-Scout hand-held radiation detector or geiger counter is a general purpose survey meter for measuring and detecting ionizing radiation. It can detect alpha, beta, gamma and x-ray radiation.
- Determine the source of radiation leakages.
- Monitor ambient radiation anomalies.
- Monitor personal cumulative dose exposure.
- Detect radioactive elements in metal scrap.
- Check rocks from the earth for radioactivity.
- Teach or learn about radioactivity.
- Liquid-crystal display (LCD), 4-digit, numeric with dimension, quasi-analogue logarithmic bar chart.
Operating mode indicators.
- Less than 10 microamperes under environmental radiation.
- 64 Kbyte (32,000 data sets)
- 163 mm
- 72 mm
- 30 mm
- End-window alpha-beta-gamma detector counting tube according to the Geiger-Müller principle.
Stainless steel housing.
- Options to measure either:
- a + ß + y
- ß + y only
- y only
- Impact-resistant plastic
- European CE standard, US-standard FCC-15
- from 4 MeV
- from 0.2 MeV
- from 30 keV
- Large calibration range
- Wide scale 0.01 up to 5000.00 µSv/h
- Pre-calibrated to ± 5% in Germany
- Measures isotope other than Cs-137
- Can be used as a dosimeter
- Dose rate may be displayed in Sievert or Rem
- Battery lasts for years without having to switch off
- Data storage of 32,000 readings
- Meets all European CE standards, US FCC 15 standard
- May be carried on aircraft
- Data provided are approximate values. Please contact us or refer to the brochure for the exact values.
- Technical drawing is for illustration of dimensions. It does not represent the actual appearance. Please refer to the site's images as reference.
- Performance until approximate value.