The Gamma-Scout hand-held radiation detector or geiger counter is a general purpose survey meter for measuring and detecting ionizing radiation. It can detect alpha, beta, gamma and x-ray radiation.
The Rechargeable model also features an audible click in the presence of radiation. You can also set a radiation threshold to sound an alert. In addition the battery on the Rechargeable model can be recharged when the battery power is drained. With normal usage, the device can go many months before a recharge.
- Determine the source of radiation leakages.
- Monitor ambient radiation anomalies.
- Monitor personal cumulative dose exposure.
- Detect radioactive elements in metal scrap.
- Check rocks from the earth for radioactivity.
- Teach or learn about radioactivity.
- Liquid-crystal display (LCD), 4-digit, numeric with dimension, quasi-analogue logarithmic bar chart.
Operating mode indicators.
- Less than 10 microamperes under environmental radiation.
- 64 Kbyte (32,000 data sets)
- 163 mm
- 72 mm
- 30 mm
- End-window alpha-beta-gamma detector counting tube according to the Geiger-Müller principle.
Stainless steel housing.
- Options to measure either:
- a + ß + y
- ß + y only
- y only
- Impact-resistant plastic
- European CE standard, US-standard FCC-15
- Acoustic alert when radiation level exceeds a user programmed threshold.
- Acoustic alarm when a user programmed threshold for the cumulative dose is exceeded.
- Acoustic ticker which activates with each gamma pulse detected.
- Rechargeable via USB power supply unit or computer.
- from 4 MeV
- from 0.2 MeV
- from 30 keV
- Large calibration range
- Wide scale 0.01 up to 5000.00 µSv/h
- Pre-calibrated to ± 5% in Germany
- Measures isotope other than Cs-137
- Can be used as a dosimeter
- Dose rate may be displayed in Sievert or Rem
- Battery lasts for years without having to switch off
- Data storage of 32,000 readings
- Meets all European CE standards, US FCC 15 standard
- May be carried on aircraft
- Data provided are approximate values. Please contact us or refer to the brochure for the exact values.
- Technical drawing is for illustration of dimensions. It does not represent the actual appearance. Please refer to the site's images as reference.
- Performance until approximate value.